The following is posted on behalf of Bander-in-Charge Meredith McBurney:

Banding at Barr Lake has been very slow…….We envy Brian his numbers at Chico!
Including recaps, we are only in the mid-teens most days.

Mostly catching House Wrens and Wilson’s Warblers.  Had our first Swainson’s
Thrush yesterday, our first Chat and Gray Catbird today.  Total new birds
banded over the 3-day weekend was 35:

Black-capped Chickadee         1
House Wren                             7
Swainson’s Thrush                    1
Gray Catbird                            1
Orange-crowned Warbler         1
Yellow Warbler                        1
Common Yellowthroat              1
Wilson’s Warbler                     21
Yellow-breasted Chat               1

We will be closed Tuesday, 9/8.  Open Wednesday, 9/9 through Monday, 9/14.
Closed Tuesday, 9/15.

Meredith McBurney
Bird Bander
Rocky Mountain Bird Observatory