Hi Cobirders

We had a big arrival and notable departure since yesterday.  Gone are most of
the Western Wood-Pewees which have been terrorizing the insects of the Holmes
Grove for days, also much reduced were Empid numbers though a few are still
about.  Just this afternoon here at HQ I found a Golden-crowned Kinglet,
perhaps a little early way our here!  As expected Wilson's Warblers were the
major part of last night's arrival.  We banded 63 birds of 21 Species before
noon and the heat.

Birds banded:
Western Wood-Pewee 2
Hammond's Flycatcher 2
Dusky Flycatcher 1
Cassin's Vireo 1
Warbling Vireo 1
RED-EYED VIREO 1
Blue Jay 1
House Wren 1
Swainson's Thrush 2
American Robin 2
Gray Catbird 3
Northern Mockingbird 1
Brown Thrasher 2
AMERICAN REDSTART 2! (four banded for the fall)
MacGillivray's Warbler 1
Wilson's Warbler 27
Green-tailed Towhee 1
Chipping Sparrow 2
Lincoln's Sparrow 2
Blue Grosbeak 1 (a barely flying juv, seemed late)
Common Grackle 7

Still around the banding station are White-breasted Nuthatches and the
Black-capped Chickadee.

Good fall birding,
Brian Gibbons
Chico Basin Ranch