Hi Cobirders

As John Drummond has warned, we had a massive arrival of birds today at Chico,
mostly Wilson's Warblers. Because of severe winds we closed nets for a few
hours mid-morning we still banded 131 birds in 83.5 net hours.  My typical day
closing at noon would result in 110 net hours so you can see by our capture
rate that there were a lot of birds around today.  I was still seeing activity
as I closed nets at 2pm.  I am off to hunt goodies.

Birds banded:
Western Wood-Pewee 5
Least Flycatcher 1
Hammond's Flycatcher 1
House Wren 1
Hermit Thrush 1
Townsend's Solitaire 1
Gray Catbird 4
Northern Mockingbird 1
Blue-gray Gnatcatcher 1
Orange-crowned Warbler 3
Yellow Warbler 2
Wilson's Warbler 103!!!!!!!!  my first WIWA century-day
Western Tanager 3
Black-headed Grosbeak 1
Lincoln's Sparrow 1
Chipping Sparrow 2

Before I forget again I have been seeing a Mexican-like Duck at Rose pond.

I will post a birding highlights if I add anything good this afternoon.

I am off...

Brian Gibbons
Chico Basin Ranch
Rocky Mountain Bird Observatory

www.nikonbirding.com
www.ventbird.com

Free Screensavers
Incredible variety to choose from. Safe and 100% Free.  Download Now!
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2141/c?cp=pZBe2-kqQzv9RHqCjJNOwgAAJ1Bv0zKlSaNvi8hdiFTsCljYAAQAAAAFAAAAABsvXTwAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACBlnAAAAAA==