This morning I found a Golden-crowned Sparrow at the end of Tunnel Dr.  in
Canon City. It was in brush alongside the dirt road that goes down to the
brick pump house.  It's almost certainly the same GCSP that was here  the
past three winters, staying through the end of March.  I haven't  seen any of
the Rufous-crowned Sparrows here yet this fall.

The trailhead parking lot is closed for repairs due to a flash  flood.  A
lot of the brush and cactus vegetation around the parking  area has been
washed away or bulldozed.  The parking area has been enlarged  to the west and
catchment basin constructed in the area west of the parking  lot.  I
mention this because this was probably the  most intensely birded brush patch
in
Fremont Co.  Now much of it  is gone .. and they're not finished.

Rich Miller
Canon City