All,

My wife and I tried to find the arctic loon this morning at Marston
from old Wadsworth on the west side of the lake.  We couldn't convince
ourselves that the loon we scoped was the arctic, but it certainly
looked like the pacific.  It was on the north side near the water
treatment plant.  There was a very nice group of three horned grebes
in the same area.

We didn't try the Bow Mar side, so nobody tried to chase us away.  My
two cents - it's a public road and as long as you're parked
appropriately, no legal reason to chase you away.  If we try that side
and have issues, we will definitely ask for ID and welcome police
presence.

Bryan and Kristin Arnold
Jefferson County, 5,500'