Today's Arkansas Valley Audubon field trip to Pueblo Reservoir found a
PARASITIC JAEGER.  The bird looks like the Chatfield Reservoir bird (thanks
Joey and Glenn and all for sending it down here!!).  The bird seemed to like
the eastern part of the reservoir, first from Sailboard launching area, and
then over by the South Shore Marina area, and then in the middle of the
reservoir, east of the North Shore Marina.  We also saw the continuing
RED-THROATED LOON off the south east side of Pueblo Reservoir.  There was a
juvenile THAYER'S GULL at the South Shore Marina tires, which the jaeger chased
around at one point.  Another interesting bird that was seen by some of the
group, was a SWALLOW, that seemed to be brown backed, or perhaps buffy rumped.
It wasn't a Tree, Violet-green, or Barn Swallow, which would all be more
likely.  The bird flew by while we were at West Fisherman's Point, and flew
east.  Toward the middle part of the day, the SNOW,
 BLUE and ROSS'S GEESE started to appear in flocks around Pueblo Reservoir.
There was an adult BALD EAGLE seen by the entire group, and I saw an OSPREY
along the river early this morning.  There was about six COMMON LOONS and about
10 BONAPARTE'S GULLS around the lake as well.  All and all, it was a good day
at Pueblo Reservoir, though it was cold, a little steamy at times, and a little
breezy.

Brandon Percival
Pueblo West, CO

--