Joe, Great job finding a White-winged Scoter at Warren Lake in Fort Collins.
The lake is private but the roads around it are public. There are at least 6
spots that I have used to view the lake, mostly 3 points along the west side
where there are no houses.

I hope someone else can find and, more importantly, photograph the possible
Western Gull. It occurred to me that when it flew off on Sunday afternoon it
may have been headed to the Boyd Lake nocturnal roost or the one at Lake
Loveland. Other daytime places to search besides Warren Lake would be the
Larimer County landfill and the North Weld County Landfill and popular gull
hangouts at the south end of Horsetooth Reservoir, the northwest shore of
Horseshoe Lake, the Boyd Lake swim beach, the north shore of Windsor Res, the
west shore of Black Hollow Res and possibly Timnath Reservoir. Probably some
other spots too.

Nick Komar Fort Collins CO

>From : per...@aol.com <per...@aol.com>

I stopped by Warren Lake to look for the Western Gull seen there by Komar. ...
It was my first time there and I discovered that it is a private lake and
access is difficult. About the only place I found where I could scope from a
public road or sidewalk was a little cul-de-sac off Harbor Drive. I think it
was called Harbor Lane and it is an the extreme geographic south end of the
lake. You can see what I am talking about on a Google map, but although the
little lane is shown on the map, it is not named. If someone familiar with Fort
Collins can tell where else to study this lake from, please post me.
Joe Roller, Denver

--
Colorado Field Ornithologists: http://www.cfo-link.org/
Colorado County Birding:  http://www.coloradocountybirding.com/