I'm not sure, given their burgeoning expansion lately, what their
current ranges are defined as, but it seemed awfully cold to be seeing
doves.  I don't believe I've seen them winter around here as yet.  The
Mourning Doves, of course, have been gone since pretty much
September.  But two EC Doves were visiting and revisiting a pine tree
in the Roxborough Park community this afternoon as though they lived
in it.  Made odd, raspy, strangled-sounding vocalizations, not the
flute-like coos I've heard them make in Spring and Summer.

A Scrub Jay shared the same tree for a moment.

Dave Cameron
Denver

--
Colorado Field Ornithologists: http://www.cfo-link.org/