Cobirders,

A Winter Wren, reported by Bill Maynard about a week ago, was observed by
several people today at Fountain Creek Regional Park south of Colorado Springs.
 Aaron Driscoll was the first to see the wren on the north side of the gazebo
at North Rice's Pond.  A few minutes later he connected with me, and we refound
the bird in the same location.  Leslie Holzman and Rise" Foster-Bruder also had
brief glimpses of the bird.

I found the bird again at around 3:30 p.m. with Kaye Lafreniere.  I had a great
look at the bird this time and we heard it's call several times.  It was found
in what is known by some as area 2 in the park, near the Trail Marker #18 first
in the dead Crack Willow tree on the east side of the regional trail, it flew
across the trail to another willow and dead branches, then proceeded to the
sewage treatment outflow area.

Thanks, Bill, for your tips on finding this new county bird for all of us.

Ken Pals

Colorado Springs