A few thoughts on the Snowy Owl from an ignorant new birder:

I have greatly appreciated reading the conversations surrounding the
owl and owl ethics. I'm glad to now have a copy of the ABA Principles
of Birding Ethics.

I'd been planning to drive down on Monday to see the owl but am now
unsure. I now have so much anxiety over the prospect of visiting the
bird that I'm not sure if I will. From being afraid that I will
unknowingly park incorrectly or not communicate with neighbors in the
right manner, to fears for the bird's safety - particularly after
reading the owl etiquette blog Eric recently posted - I feel pretty
hesitant to go view the bird I was previously so excited about seeing.

My reason for posting: Is it possible new birders could use a few more
"positive" opportunities to learn about birding ethics? So many of you
are incredible experts; is this maybe an area of expertise that needs
to be shared a little more? (Contrary to what Ron Green has
experienced, I do make mistakes sometimes because the "right choice"
hasn't occurred to me.)

Thanks,
Becca Reid
Fort Collins