This may explain why this owl spent what I thought was an inordinate amount
of time looking towards the group of humans watching it today.  There did
not appear to be any reason as all the birders I observed were staying back
and not engaging in any obvious behavior that might cause it to watch us
(other than being there but it should be somewhat habituated to that).  As
noted by Dennis Garrison birds, like bears the old Yellowstone park bears,
start associating humans with food when they have been fed by them.   When
the owl is watching us it is not engaging in it's activities of daily
living.

SeEtta Moss
Canon City
http://Birds