Dear Cobirders,
   As Nathan already posted, I had one adult male Barrow's Goldeneye
at Erie Reservoir along with about half-a-dozen Common Goldeneyes,
including two first Spring males.  The large gathering of Gulls
consisted mostly of Ring-billed Gulls with a few adult Herring and
Thayer's and one adult Lesser Black-backed Gull.  The number of first
cycle gulls was low, I counted at least two.  One of these birds was
quite interesting and seemed intermediate between first-cycle Glaucous-
winged and first-cycle Thayer's.  Given the rarity of Glaucous-winged
Gull in Colorado, it is more likely that this individual was a
Thayer's with especially bleached primaries.  Rounding out the
interesting looking birds was a smallish, very rufous bellied Red-
tailed Hawk in the parking lot (definitely a Red-tailed though).  A
quick stop by Thomas Reservoir revealed about 1000 more Ring-billed
Gulls.

Cheers,
Walter Szeliga
Boulder, CO