Mike Foster and myself observed the Golden-crowned Sparrow at the garden feeder area at Red Rocks Trading Post this morning between 8:00 and 9:00 A.M. The juvenile sparrow made several appearances while we were observing all the activity in the garden area. Yesterday I put out some seed and early this morning put out some more seed as well in preparation for this morning.

There was a Harlan's Hawk (dark intermediate morph) perched in the trees in the drainage between the Chapel at Red Rocks and Red Rocks elementary school. Use Entrance 3. Presumably this is the same Harlan's that was observed in Red Rocks earlier this winter. Also observed between 8 and 9 this morning.

Yesterday I also saw a Northern Shrike in the vicinity of the feeders, but we did not see the shrike this morning.

Mike Henwood
Morrison - Jefferson County