When I left Cortez for home this afternoon (ahead of the impending storm), I
made it about fifty yards and had to stop for a bird sighting.  There was a
partially leucistic American robin in my sister's front yard (Second and Market
in Cortez, yards on each corner are visible from the street).
The only other one of these I have personally observed was in western
Washington more than twenty years ago, in a flock of hundreds in a pasture in
early spring, and a couple hundred yards away.  This one, however, was alone in
the yard and posed for lots of pictures in the reasonably lousy overcast light.
I put up several photos at www.photobucket.com/paoniabirds
Dad and I also found another bald eagle nest with sitting birds, just east of
Totten.  A single common grackle was in a tree in a yard near the cemetery
south of Arriola as well.  No idea where the other 150 or so are.

Dennis Garrison