Michael Kiessig and I drove to Fort Collins this morning to look for the White-winged Crossbills in Grandview Cemetery. We found them in the SE corner in a snowbank. We watched them for a number of minutes from about 20 yards away as they moved up and down from the snowbank to a split rail fence. Finally they flew up into the tree branches and then flew into the nest tree with the female leading the way. It was around 9:15 a.m. when we spotted them. Thanks to Dave Leatherman for keeping the birding community informed.

Mike Henwood
Morrison _ Jefferson County