Hi, COBirder~

Last night at 5:00 PM (like a cuckoo clock) the Rusty Blackbird popped up in
the tree next to the paved walkway and started singing!  Wow.  At the time I
was watching a Cinnamon Teal in the creek.

I was standing on the paved walkway, about 50 yards west of the underpass.
There are yellow dotted lines on the path here, and I was standing just before
the dotted lines ended.  There is a lone skinny tree on the north side of the
path there, which is the tree the Rusty jumped up into from the brush below.
After singing for 5 minutes or so, he jumped back down into the brush.  Dog
walkers and bikers didn't seem to bother him as he sang.

The Cinnamon Teal was swimming with a pair of Green-wings in the calm water of
the creek at this same watching location.

Tamie Bulow
Colorado Springs CO