Driving home from work last night around 6pm I came across a flock of about 150
Horned Lark on CR 20.5 just east of CR 1. I first stopped for two birds on the
road, then the rest came and landed on the road in front of me. There were a
few on the well road to the south, but most were trying to hunker down out of
the wind on the road.

Tough little guys.

Todd Deininger
Longmont, CO