Hi Everyone--

I looked at Nick Komar's gull pictures. Structurally, it looks like
Glaucous-winged, even if the bill is a little on the small side (there is
plenty of individual variation). The bird I saw last weekend had similar
gray tones on the back, so it could have been the same guy (wish I'd had
longer looks). Slaty-backs of this age are starting to get dark back
feathers, usually have some black smudging around the eye and don't look
quite so hulking.

Nick, thanks for persevering to get those picture.

Mark Miller
Longmont, CO