I went out this morning hoping to photo the curlew-didn't find the
bird.

I did run into two other birders and collectively found four of the
seven Mountain Plovers reported yesterday at WCR 102/37SE corner in
Nunn.

New Mountain Plover (1) location and sighting at 1.4m south of WCR 122
on WCR 45 on west.

Also, McCown's Longspurs are easy to find along WCR 45 as you approach
WCR 122 in the extreme shortgrass areas.  Turn off and get out of your
car and you'll hear them singing and displaying. I had a Loggerhead
Shrike--and had Golden Eagle and Northern Harrier sharing a thermal at
low level.

The Long-eared Owls seemed to have dispersed at the private location.

I finally found one of the three Nunn Great Horned Owl pair nests-
still looking for the other two nests--I'm pretty sure we have (at
least) three nesting pairs.

Thanks
Gary Lefko, Nunn/CO
http://ColoradoBirder.ning.com/ -- Home of the "Nunn Guy"