Hey all,

On a nice bike ride along the Poudre River Trail up to Watson Lake in
Bellevue and back to Fort Collins, my wife and I saw many (>20) of the
Washington / Mountain Turkey Vultures returning to roost.

Along the trail, I also spotted a Say's Phoebe (FOS for me) fly-
catching off of some trees west of Taft Hill Rd.  This is the earliest
that I have seen a Say's Phoebe, but I am usually consumed by exams
and studies this time of year, so I don't get time to pay too much
attention to exact arrival dates.

While at Watson Lake, we watched a few Turkey Vultures soar along the
cliffs to the east as well as two Golden Eagles that flew along the
cliffs several times seeming to enjoy upsetting all of the Rock
Pigeons each time.  While watching the eagles, I hear two different
Canyon Wrens calling and one singing for a total of three.  Though I
tried hard, I saw no American Dippers along the river by Watson Lake.
Only a few good-sized rainbow trout leaping from the water.

We were both overjoyed to hear Meadowlarks singing as we rode through
the greening fields!

It was a beautiful day for a bike ride and it's great to hear Spring
arriving.

Matt Webb
Fort Collins, CO