BCAS has four events this week in connection with the BIG READ at Delta County
Libraries!
Jason Beason is hosting an owling tour on Wednesday night, April 14, meet at 7
pm at the Paonia library parking lot.  Contact Jason if you want to go and for
details, 527-4625.
I am giving a slide show / talk on birding basics and (possibly, time
permitting) highlights of places to bird in the North Fork area and Delta
County at 6 pm, Thursday, April 15, at Memorial Hall in Hotchkiss (this was
originally scheduled for the Paonia Library but they moved me).  Probably a bit
basic for the experienced folks but if you know someone who is getting started,
send them on down.  Or come and heckle me.
There is a field trip to Fruitgrower's Friday, April 16, at 1 pm (not 9 am as
shown on the BCAS website).  Meet on the causeway, bring scopes and binos and
field guides.  We will see what we can find.  Dress warm!  I will be there, but
at least one more experienced birder would be handy that day.  Think shorebirds
and water birds!
A repeat of Friday's trip will occur at 9 am on Saturday, April 17, again at
the causeway at Fruitgrower's, to give those who may have been working or in
school a chance to bird as well.  Again, bring scopes, binos, and field guides.
 Dress warm!
Pass this on to anyone you know who may not be on the mailing lists, and anyone
you know from BCAS who may not get this email (I don't have the member email
list).
The BCAS website and newsletter may have incorrect times and locations, due to
some schedule changes and moving of events.  I apologize in advance if anyone
goes to the wrong place or shows up at the wrong time.

Dennis Garrison Black Canyon Audubon