I apologize about the late post ; Wednesday, may husband and I saw 4 American
Three-toed Woodpeckers in Jeferson and in Douglas Counties
Two males were along Buck Gulch Trail, pretty far up towards the Skipper trail;
one was observed 15-20 minutes "working" a tree. We could have seen the same
bird twice as we saw the second one while coming back down the trail.

Two birds were seen from Hwy 67, about 0.2 mile downs from Rampart Rd. A female
was observed a good 10 minutes peeling bark; the other bird was seen briefly as
it flew from the same area.
Cecile Lee
Elbert, CO