Cynthia Madsen and I made an aborted attempt to head up to the Dinosaur Ridge
Raptor Migration Station this morning, but were deterred by early T-storms. I
returned again after things cleared and arrived at 11:25 to find that Pete
Plage, celebrating Earth Day, had beat me by five minutes. We left at 1:20
ahead of the next storm. In just under two hours we had a pretty good raptor
mix highlighted by 3 Broad-winged Hawks, including 2 (1 dark morph) directly
over the ridge.

Other raptors:

Turkey Vulture: 6

Osprey: 1

Red-tailed Hawk: 2 migrating, 3 locals

Cooper's Hawk: 6

Northern Goshawk: 1 harrassing a Broad-winged, then flying east (presumed local)

Peregrine Falcon: 1 presumed to be one of the Red Rocks pair

American Kestrel: 3

Accipiter: 1

Distant swallows included at least one Tree Swallow and a probable Violet-green.

Many of the usual locals were seen or heard including a Bushtit.

A Say's Phoebe sang briefly and a Broad-tailed Hummingbird was heard by the
parking lot.

Chuck Hundertmark

Rocky Mountain Bird Observatory

Hawk Watch Volunteer