A Mountain Chickadee and Black-capped Chickadee have been hanging around
together in my yard, each taking seed from my feeder for the past month.
 They follow each from tree to tree or tree to ground chattering to each
other.  I have seen only these two chickadees.  The Black-capped has been
singing for the past couple of weeks, but I have not heard the Mountain
Chickadee sing.  I have heard of rare instances of hybridization between
these two species and found a link on the internet that documents one such a
case in British Columbia:

http://www.birds.cornell.edu/pfw/News/ChickadeeHybrid2006.htm

And another one in Colorado:

*Martin, Stephen G. and Kathy Anne Martin. 1996. Hybridization between a
Mountain Chickadee and Black-capped Chickadee in Colorado. *Colorado Field
Journal*, Vol. 30, No. 2, pp. 60-65.

I'll see how this situation in my yard unfolds!

Paula Hansley
Louisville
Boulder Co.