Cobirds,

I birded Elbert and Lincoln counties yesterday May 1. Not very many birds in
any location. We had decent water in both counties but nothing setting in
them. The highlights were;

*Lincoln County*
SPRAGUE'S PIPIT 1 and American Pipits 8 - CR2G south of road between CR32
and Huga SWA. The Sprague's Pipit was east of the Am Pipits about 50 yards
in the same short grass prairie field. Great looks including one flight
call (camera in the shop being cleaned, bummer!)
Burrowing Owls 8 and Mountain Plover 1 - CR 32 on west side of road between
CR2G and CR2C
BROAD-WINGED HAWK 1 - CR32 between CR2G and CR2C flying north
Wilson's Phalarope 1, Long-billed Dowitcher 1 and Western Sandpiper 1 - CR U
north of the road between CR 35 & CR 37

*Elbert County*
Red Crossbills - CR 21 0-1 mile north of Hwy 86 in a neighborhood
all three Nuthatches - CR 21 0-1 mile north of Hwy 86 in a neighborhood
Western and Mountain Bluebirds - CR 21 0-1 mile north of Hwy 86 in a
neighborhood
Spotted Sandpiper - CR 166 between CR 125 & CR 129 at Wilson Creek
Yellow-rumped Warbler - CR 166 between CR 125 & CR 129 at Wilson Creek
Downy, Hairy and No Flicker - CR 166 between CR 125 & CR 129 at Wilson Creek
Cedar Waxwing - CR 166 between CR 125 & CR 129 at Wilson Creek
Ball Reservoir was dry from both vantage point

Boy you sure need to work for every bird in Elbert and Lincoln counties!
Birded all day and only had 78 species!

Happy birding,

Sue Riffe
Lyons, CO