Came home last night to find two FOS Black-headed Grosbeaks, males.
Actually, I’m proud to say, I recognized their robin-like song before
I saw them…and went looking.  They’re a bit late; last year had them
with Rose-breasted Grosbeaks and Lazuli Buntings on the last day of
April.  In fact I saw three different Grosbeak species that day.
We're becoming known for the flocks of Evening Grosbeaks here nearly
all year.

That said, my friend Amy of Aguilar alerted me to her B-h Grosbeaks a
couple days ago and said she also had the Lazuli Buntings.  She always
gets the birds a day or two before I do.

Oh, and a very spiffy-looking White-winged Dove continues to make an
appearance now and then.  I wish he'd find a mate and hang around.  It
would be nice to see 'other' doves here.

Beverly Jensen, 719-989-1398
www.RuralChatter.blogspot.com