COBirders:

Mary and Tom France and I visited several sites in Weld Co. today. We found
good numbers of Marbled Godwits (30-40), Long-billed Dowitchers (40-50),
Wilson's Phalaropes (20), Least Sandpipers (20+), several White-faced Ibis and
a couple of Willets, along with the expected waterfowl at Wood's Lake east of
Severance along CR74.

At Loloff Reservoir (CR 57 at CR 50) there were large flocks of Wilson's
Phalaropes (100+) and more Long-billed Dowitchers. A Peregrine Falcon zoomed in
hoping to take a shorebird and sending the flocks into the air, but his attempt
was unsuccessful.

Upon arriving at Lower Latham Reservoir on CR 48, we found a Tricolored Heron
in the wetland to the south, which gave us excellent views in flight as it flew
west, alighted, then flew back toward us dropping into the marsh on the north
side of the road. There were few shorebirds in the area, but we enjoyed the
singing Marsh Wrens before leaving.

Good birding,

Larry Griffin
Fort Collins