Cobirders,

I had to do a little work this morning before joining Mark Peterson and Cole Wild in Lamar. By the time I joined them, they had seen a Magnolia Warbler and Virginia's Warbler at the High School Woods and three Blackpoll Warblers at Lamar Fairmont Cemetary.

Lamar Community College was outstanding, with nine warbler species, including a singing male Yellow-throated Warbler (near the tennis courts), an immature male American Redstart (north end), male Chestnut-sided Warbler (north end), male Black-throated Green Warbler (south end) and Northern Waterthrush (central marshes).

When we got to Two Buttes, the wind was intense. We met Kathy Mihm Dunning and Jeff Dunning. They had seen a male Townsend's Warbler and Northern Parula, but we were unable to relocate them in the wind.

In howling wind in the afternoon, we saw a male Nashville Warbler at Van's Grove in Bent County. Our group saw 15 species of warblers on the day, and Kathy and Jeff saw at least two more.

At John Martin Reservoir, we saw three White-rumped Sandpipers, signaling the beginning of spring migration for this notoriously late migrant.

Duane Nelson
Las Animas, Bent Co. CO