Dear Cobirders,
        I headed out to bird Twin Lakes this morning with Elena Holly Klaver.
The birding started off slowly, with fewer Warblers than I have seen the past
few days.  Mostly Yellow-rumped Warblers, Common Yellowthroats, and what
appears to be a now resident Yellow Warbler.  There was one silent Empidonax
softly whiting, which could be one of the Least Flycatchers from yesterday.
Once we crossed east over Twin Lakes Rd., the birding picked up quickly.  We
immediately found a male Indigo Bunting and a male Lazuli Bunting close by for
comparison.  The White-throated Sparrow from yesterday was singing his "Old Sam
Peabody" song and was easily found, but by far the best bird was a singing and
calling Black Phoebe at the far eastern end of the path.  The bird was
frequenting the red-railed bridge along Carter Ct. and fighting vigorously for
a spot with the local Barn Swallows.  Mike Blatchley soon arrived and obtained
identifiable photographs.  Just as another birder was arriving to view the
Phoebe, it flew high up to a cottonwood, called a few times and then flew off
high towards Boulder Creek near Walden Ponds.  If the bird hasn't totally
disappeared, that would be the first place to attempt to relocate it.  The bird
was very vocal, which was the only way we found it.

Good luck to anyone chasing this rare bird.

Cheers,
Walter Szeliga
Boulder, CO