Hi everyone,

I just received a couple photos from a fellow CFO participant who lives in
Fort Collins. She took 2 pretty good pictures at close range through her
binos with her iPhone camera of what appears to me to be a Dusky Grouse at
Nix Natural Area, which is not far from downtown and near the Poudre River.
I am waiting to hear back about where exactly the pictures were taken (I am
currently out of town), but I thought I'd pass this info along. I've never
heard of Dusky Grouse being seen in town. However, the pictures clearly
depict a grouse with thick, short legs, slaty gray back and neck, and a dark
tail with a broad terminal light-gray band.

Could it be a feral escapee or something? I have no idea if Dusky Grouse are
even bred captively as game birds.

--
Eric DeFonso
Fort Collins, CO