> At three thirty this AM there was a bird singing in the bright moon light.
> It was not a Robin is all I can say. Is the night migration that I here
> birders talk about? I intend to be more observant tomorrow morning.
> Norma Erickson

Last week I heard a Gray Catbird singing vociferously along with more than
one more muted robins at 3:30 am.   I was surprised as I have had catbirds
nesting in my yard and neighborhood for several years and never heard this
before.   I fell back asleep to a catbird serenade.

>From *Birds of North America *online:
 "Daily Pattern Of Vocalizing

In morning, male begins singing 30 min or more before civil twilight (Slack
1973<http://bna.birds.cornell.edu/bna/species/167/articles/species/167/biblio/bib095>);
continues throughout day, with greatest frequency in morning and evening,
slightly lower in afternoon (Harcus
1973<http://bna.birds.cornell.edu/bna/species/167/articles/species/167/biblio/bib044>).
Sometimes sings at night (Gross
1948<http://bna.birds.cornell.edu/bna/species/167/articles/species/167/biblio/bib042>,