Birders,

I observed the subadult white morph Reddish Egret at noon today on the west end of John Martin Reservoir in Bent County. It is most visible from cliffs on the north side of the reservoir, although the bird is usually a mile or so away on the south side of the reservoir just east of the railroad bridge. Normally, the Reddish Egret is not far from American White Pelicans, which may stir up food while they are swimming in shallow water.

I would like to thank the people that updated the status of the bird the past few days when I couldn't.

Duane Nelson
Las Animas, Bent County, CO