Hey all,

My friend Dan Loiz alerted me about a Sage Thrasher on CSU main campus
between Wagar and the Forestry building.  He first saw the bird about
6 days ago, and noticed that it seems to have some difficulty in
flying.  Today, Dan and I saw the bird again around 5:00PM hanging out
in a chokecherry (Prunus virginiana) bush right outside the Natural
Resources Ecology Laboratory between Wagar and Forestry.

If anyone else goes to see the bird, pay attention to it's flight
pattern and let me know if it seems like the bird is injured or
possibly has some other problem with it.

The bird is very skittish and during the time I watched it it moved
between the chokecherry bush and a blue spruce across the lawn,
usually spending it's time near the lower and inner branches of the
tree and bush.  We also watched it eating the berries from the
chokecherry.  It seems very out of place.

Matt Webb
Fort Collins