Wow. Jeanne and I were at Turkey Creek Ranch, south of Colorado Springs on Hwy 115 for 4 hours today.

We have never seen anything like the Lewis's Woodpeckers at Turkey Creek Ranch. We saw them in 3 different parts of the ranch, and I think the 35 number may have been close or a little low. We got very good looks at them, especially from two different picnic areas. There were sparrows there by the hundreds. I wish my sparrow ID skills were better, because I am sure I missed some in the crowds of chipping and lark sparrows.

We spoke to the facilities manager, Stephanie Kowaluk, and she said she would love to have birders report their sightings to her so that she can begin compiling a checklist for the ranch.

Let me know if you have any questions about TCR.

Below is our eBird report for the morning.

Good birding.

Mel and Jeanne Goff

Turkey Vulture     1
Red-tailed Hawk     1