I birder at Boulder and Six Mile Reservoirs late this morning with Peter Gent,
Christian Nunes, Todd Deininger and Edie ?  There were at least five juvenile
Sabine's Gulls on and flying over Boulder Reservoir. Three Caspian Terns were
on the mud flats at Six Mile Reservoir.  I did not see any Black Terns
today-there were at least two present yesterday.

Peter and I had a brief view of a flying jaeger along the west side of Boulder
Reservoir before we lost it against the background.   Its passing disturbed all
the gulls on the west side, but not at the northwest corner which leads me to
believe that it never crossed over toward the east.  Later the gull (and tern)
flock on Six Mile lifted off in disturbance, but I could not find the source of
their anxiety.

All of these birds were observed (mainly at quite a distance) from the road
past the entrance gate (no charge at this time of year) to Boulder Reservoir at
its south west corner.  However, as there is a bike race starting now and
lasting for the rest of the afternoon it will be difficult to enter the area.

Bill Kaempfer
Boulder