CObirders,

I came home to check the possible Gyrfalcon in my hawk books. Unfortunately,
I did not see the bird fly to be able to see the shape of the wings.  After
looking at many pictures, I decided that it could be a very light morph
Ferruginous Hawk.  My impression at first, however, was of a bird with an
almost white head and a faint dark line above the eye.  The body was hefty
(bulky), suggesting a Ferruginous, rather than a large falcon.   The breast
was white with only the faintest of markings on the belly (suggestive of a
white-morph Ferruginous).   I did not see if the legs were feathered,
because I was told to move my car (it was blocking a school driveway) before
I could see them.

I hope someone else sees it, for it is a beautiful bird!

Paula Hansley
Louisville