When I pulled into my driveway (near Colorado Blvd and Orchard, Centennial) last night, about 1130 PM, a long eared owl was calling from high on a tree next door. I did not see the bird, but will be listening and looking. As a reference...a pair of great horned owls has been in the neighborhood calling for a couple of weeks. This call is entirely different, and matches the standard sound recordings.
Karl Stecher
Centennial