Just got my 4th junco subsp of the season in Teller Co. - J. h. cismontanus
- Cassiar Junco, at my feeder. No loral mark; no detectable hood; no color
on flanks; brownish tinge/wash to mantle. Got pics, but haven't checked them
out yet. Is still a bit dark here this morning and overcast.

Pink-sided (9/29), oregon (10/13) and white-winged (10/19) juncos have been
her a while. While I sometimes get the nominate slate-colored, it is
irregular at best. And members of the gray-headed caniceps are here
year-round; though I suspect that individuals in the winter are migrants
from up north and not the same as those breeding here during the summer.

On another note, I did have Clark's Nutcrackers at Dome Rock SWA (Teller Co)
on Saturday. And one Towsend's Solitaire.

Jeff J Jones

( <mailto:jjo...@jonestc.com> jjo...@jonestc.com)

Teller County - 8500' - Montane Woodlands