Hello all,

Steve Larson and I, along with many others, observed the Ross's Gull from two
vantage points at Cherry Creek SP on Saturday: in late morning and early
afternoon from the Lake Loop, and in mid-afternoon from the trail that runs
from the west side marina along the base of the dam. Although our views from
the Lake Loop were fairly good, our views from the trail along the dam were
significantly better as the bird was often closer. Using this trail is worth
considering, depending on the time of the day and the foraging pattern of the
gull. Where the trail leaves the shore and enters onto the dam, there was a
late Say's Phoebe. I also want to commend Joe, Glenn, and Cole for finding and
identifying this great bird.

Bob Andrews
Englewood