Joe Lupfer, Karen Clark, Marilyn Rhodes, her friend Kevin (from Wichita?) and myself waited patiently at the end of the trail along the dam for more than an hour after others had left. We spent a lot of time watching the Common and Pacific Loons feed and checked out numerous Bonaparte's as they gracefully flew above the water before making a dive and skimming the surface. This was all good practice for the main event and we were ready for the Ross's Gull when the bird started flying around 3:30 p.m. We had wonderful light with the sun behind us and watched the bird for a good 20 minutes or more before putting down our scopes/binocs and taking a break. Brad Asmus and wife Kathy joined us and I lost track after that as folks started streaming in to the location.

Thanks to Bob Andrews for recommending the afternoon location - the light is terrific with the sun at your back and the Ross's ranged to and fro, sometimes close and sometimes far, but we were always able to keep it in sight.

"BRAVO" to Joe, Glenn, and Cole for finding and identifying the Ross's Gull.

Mike Henwood
Morrison