November 23, 2010 7:30 p.m.

Eagles, Falcons, and Hawks:
The Siren Song of the Flatirons
Rick Hatfield, Boulder OSMP Ranger

With 30 years experience monitoring raptors in the
Boulder area, Rick Hatfield has not only accumulated
knowledge about these birds, but also an appreciation
for how the Flatirons and the birds that live there contribute
to our sense of place and enrich our community.
He’ll concentrate on the cliff-nesting raptors and share
stories of the volunteer monitoring efforts to learn more
about the awesome creatures that call the Flatirons
home.

Unless otherwise noted, these events are held at the Unitarian Universalist
Church of Boulder, 5001 Pennsylvania Ave. (off 55th St. between Arapahoe and
Baseline) and begin at 7:30 PM.

AND available at the program: The Boulder County Checklist of Birds has been
revised and updated by Gillian and Alex Brown, with the help of George
Oetzel, and the contributions of many outstanding local birders and
naturalists (Floyd, Gent, Hallock, Jones, Kaempfer, Schmoker, to name a few,
but knowing there are a great many more!). It is a excellent resource with
months and habitats of occurrence and breeding. Cost $1 to recover printing
costs and available during before the meeting starting at 6PM during BCAS
annual holiday fundraiser. Also will be available on BCAS field trips.

--
Scott

Scott Severs
Longmont, CO