Folks- I edited together a little digiscoped video of the Ross's Gull from
today and posted it on YouTube:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dslKlONPgqQ

I suggest choosing the 720p "HD" option if your connection will bear it.

It shows the foraging behavior and flight style of the bird.  My dad mentioned
that when picking around on the spit its feeding style reminded him of a
plover- an apt description.  I also thought it was great to see so many folks
enjoying the bird in the three days I've been down to visit!  Today's iteration
was the first time I had been within 1/4 mile of the bird- awesome to see it so
close on the marina sand bar.

We also had an immature Ross's Goose on the east side of the lake with Canada
and Cackling Geese, making for a Ross's squared day.

Enjoy- Bill
           • Bill Schmoker •