   Posted by: "stephen jones" curle...@comcast.net
   Date: Wed Dec 1, 2010 10:45 am ((PST))

Monday morning we recorded this month's Nature Almanac radio spot at the Red
Rocks Trading Post, right at the base of Red Rocks Amphitheater. It will be
played on KGNU, 88.5 FM and 1390 AM, Friday morning a few minutes after 8
a.m.

The male golden-crowned sparrow who overwintered last year in the thicket
surrounding the feeder behind the Trading Post was quite visible, as was the
curve-billed thrasher. We also saw a Harris's sparrow, a song sparrow, and
the usual hordes of flickers, scrub jays, chickadees, and juncos. Best
viewing is from the high porch behind the Trading Post.

To listen to this (after Friday) and other Nature Almanac recordings, visit
www.bcna.org

Steve