Took a walk today near the Ft Carson wildlife office in the gusty winds at
noon. Was rewarded with four male eastern blubirds foraging in a Russian
olive tree with a robin. Haven't seen easterns in a couple of years. They
are very beautiful indeed. Also saw a yellow-shafted northern flicker and a
flock of about 2 dozen pinon jays. Have been seing the pinon jays most
mornings as well. They fly in from PJ hills to the south and go north,
perhaps for water.

Late post, but Tammy spotted a rough-legged hawk on a walk Dec 3. It was
east of the treatment plant on the north side of the Arkansas not far from
Sharmar Village in Pueblo. My first rough-leg this year. Coworkers at Carson
spotted one last month in the El Paso portion of post, but it didn't stick
around.

I hope some of these others do for the two CBCs we'll be doing at FC next
week.

Tammy Ivahnenko
Rick Clawges
Pueblo