Hello, Birders.

Hannah and Andrew and I had a nice time yesterday, Monday, December 27th, up in
the general vicinity of Allenspark, Boulder County. In Allenspark, we saw 3
Hepburn's Rosy-Finches, 1 Black Rosy-Finch, and 4 rosy-finch spuhs. Also 12
Gambel's Chickadees, 2 White-winged Juncos, and a Northern Shrike. Lower down,
along the St. Vrain River near Lyons, we saw at least 4 American Dippers and a
flyover adult Bald Eagle.

Comment. Folks visiting and birding the feeders at private residences in
Allenspark might want to think about presenting donations of birdseed to
property owners who feed the birds. Can't hurt to indicate whom the donation is
from, e.g., Colorado Field Ornithologists.

Another comment. Beware of airborne plastic sleds at Copeland Lake in Rocky
Mountain National Park. Airborne, they can slice through ponderosa pines.

Ted Floyd
Editor, Birding

Blog: http://tinyurl.com/2g2staq

Twitter: http://tinyurl.com/2ejzlzv