Over the weekend I came across two different groups of Gunnison Sage
Grouse on the slopes of Flattop Mountain just north of Gunnison. I saw
four above Almont and two others on the western side above Ohio Creek
Rd.  These are not rare birds in Gunnison, but I have not seen them
reported from these locations before. They were both at between 9300
and 9500 feet in elevation. I saw many of what I suspected were their
tracks in the snow in various locations.

There is also a Northern Shrike working along Ohio Creek rd. I saw it
at the four mile marker.

Scott Shaum
Monument