Morning!

Out my front window!  Viewable from my yard!  I am so excited about this bird!
My first glimpse this morning made me think "Osprey"..which just seemed
impossible.  All I saw as I spotted it in a crabapple tree was the head and a
brief glimpse of the tail.  I chased it a bit north on Perry street and got
better looks but it flew.   I called my sis (Thank you Connie!) who encouraged
me to chase it.  Well it came back to a tree south of my yard and I got a much
better look.  At first it was facing away from me..dark gray back, banded tail,
white supercilium extending around the back of the head.  When it turned to
face me (and fly again, darn it!)  I could clearly see the gray barring on it's
breast.  A new yard bird and only the second time I've ever seen one!  If you
want to come look for it I live at 12205 N. Perry Street, Cimarron Village.
He's been in the trees just south of the community entrance (121st and Perry),
north of the entrance in the cottonwoods there (Perry quits at the community
entrance but you can walk up that part of the street).  It flew north again,
towards the center part of the park and I lost sight of it.

So so fun!  Happy New Year!!

 Lauren

Lauren Burke
NOCO Wrenegade Charter Member