I have a safflower seed feeder that hangs by the kitchen window, frequented
this season mostly by house finches, black-capped and sometimes mountain
chickadees, white breasted nuthatches, downy woodpeckers.  Yesterday morning, a
black capped chickadee repeatedly flapped against the window, cheeping and
flapping wings.  He or she wasn't pecking at the window, the feeder was full,
and no one else (no other bird) was doing this.  It was the first time I had
ever seen this. The windows are not that clean, so I don;t know if a reflection
was the reason.  Also, there were two of us inside near the window, watching,
and visible from the outside.  My housemate said he was doing it again later in
the day. Any ideas? Elena, Niwot