Harriet - Indeed, 30 could well be called a convocation. Yet I prefer Joe Roller's original and colorful term, an alopecia of eagles. (I would call a gathering of goldens a depository). Three adult bald eagles were at Cherry Creek SP/Arapahoe this AM. More will come when the ice breaks up, and they sit at the shelf edge. Last night at 0118 a skein (the term when flying) of Canada geese flew northbound over my house. This seems to be migratory behavior. They would have to have been on the ground to be called a gaggle..and if they checked for directions before they took off, did the gaggle google?
Karl Stecher
Centennial

Harriet Stratton writes:
After checking the historic Merino cemetery nest for incubation - one white head barely showing above the rim, lunch flown in by the partner- we drove to Prewitt. Frozen but showing signs of thawing. Noticed 8 Bald Eagles flying away towards the river. Driving to the far east end on the handicapped fishing access - we could see a small patch of open water filled with a jillion dark headed ducks, geese and one pelican. Perched at intervals along the ice shore were 30 Bald Eagles - 9 juveniles among them.

Harriet Stratton Littleton, Co.