Hi All,

Several of us gathered at Red Rocks this morning. Between 7 & 8 the Harris's Sparrow, White-throated Sparrow, and Golden-crowned Sparrow appeared at the Trading Post feeders. We didn't wait around for the Curve-billed Thrasher to show, but I did see it on Wed. morning, March16.

Then off to watch the falcons. Now that the Peregrines have arrived on the back of Ship Rock, the Prairie's have moved back to Cave Park Rock (from Hwy. 74 take Entrance #3, stay right at the first fork, the Prairie's are right there and perch on both sides of the road). This morning the Prairie Falcons put on quite a show, with the male sitting on a rock perch on the left side of the road, the female sitting on top of Park Cave Rock screaming her head off. The male would then fly across the road and land on/in a ledge (presumably this year's eyrie), enter the ledge, then come out and perch on the edge of the ledge for a few moments, then fly back to his perch. After 4-5 times of entering the suspected eyrie, the male then left the eyrie and flew to the top of the rock and mated with the female. Lots of action from the Prairie's this morning.

At Ship Rock we saw the female Raven leave her nest and perch next to the male on the juniper snags on the hillside to the west of Ship Rock. One of the Peregrines was perched on top of Creation Rock (back of Ship Rock), but did not see both birds while we watched between 8 & 8:30.

Mike Henwood
Morrison
Jefferson County